Cricket News

T20 Blast – Meredith confirms Somerset return in 2025

Somerset has agreed to return to Australia as soon as Riley Meredith next year. Meredith, 28, will be available for the Vitality Blast, as well as the County Championship and One-Day Cup, depending on the structure of the season.

Meredith enjoyed a successful first spell in county cricket during the summer, his 14-wicket haul in the Blast helping defending champions Somerset reach Finals Day – although he was unable to play in the knockout stage after being called up by Australia. He also took six wickets in three One-Day Cup matches.

“I really enjoyed my time with Somerset this year and I’m looking forward to returning to England next summer,” said Meredith. “We played some great cricket, and it was great to be able to take part in a great win. Hopefully, we can go on to lift silverware in 2025.”

Somerset’s director of cricket, Andy Hurry, said. “We were all impressed with the way Riley played on the field and the way he fit into the team.

“He has proven to be a world-class player, and has brought something different to our already outstanding attack. He throws with real speed and aggression and will be a valuable addition to our squad next summer.”

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button