Cricket News

T20 World Cup 2024 – Arshdeep Singh – Major credit for my wickets goes to Jasprit Bumrah

If Rohit Sharma, the Man of the Match for his 41-ball 92 in India’s 24-run victory over Australia in the 2024 T20 World Cup, should have “opened up all sides of the pitch” to fight the wind -Gros Islet, Arshdeep Singh. he said the bowlers had to stop the “wind from playing” to prevent the Australian batsmen from taking advantage of it. Arshdeep finished with 3 for 37, dismissing David Warner in the first over and getting the wickets of leading batsmen Tim David and Matthew Wade in the death overs.

“As a player and as a team, our motto is to adapt as much as we can,” said Arshdeep after the match. “Regarding the wind factor, when we bowled from the opposite end of the field, we got a lot of swing. On the other hand, we bowled in the wind…the batsmen would have used the wind since the ball was moving. We had to look for ways to defend ourselves there and not let the wind play.”

Josh Hazlewood, the day’s most economical bowler at 1 for 14 in four overs, said 180 or more would have been an even score in those conditions; India ended up with 25 overs. Rohit was the main reason for that, but Suryakumar Yadav (31 off 16 balls) and later Hardik Pandya (27* off 17) contributed to the creation as well.

“On the other hand, it was very difficult for the bowlers to even throw the ball, and the ball was flying over the boundary,” said Arshdeep. “So having a cushion of 15-20 more runs helps, it gives you more freedom to get wickets.”

With his three wickets, Arshdeep has reached the top spot in the tournament, joining Fazalhaq Farooqi of Afghanistan. But he was quick to admit that much of his success rested on Jasprit Bumrah at the other end, who dismissed Head in the 17th over to put India ahead.

“I think a lot of credit goes to Jassi bye because you put a lot of pressure on the batsmen – you give away, what, three or four runs in an over – so the batsmen come hard against me, and I have to try to bowl my best ball and there are more opportunities to get wickets there,” said Arshdeep. On the other hand they see the runs are not coming and the asking rate is going up, so they are taking more risks against me. [There’s a] always a chance to get a wicket there. So a lot of credit for my wickets goes to Jassi bye.”

Head led Australia’s chase with a 43-ball 76, with a place in the semi-finals at stake. At the start of the 14th over, when Australia were 128 for 2, Kuldeep Yadav removed Glenn Maxwell, and Axar Patel removed Marcus Stoinis in the next over, and Australia got a -135 for 4 and 71 scored in less than six overs. .

“Thought [process] it was clear. Our batsmen batted again on the same wicket, and at first it was easy to score runs, the ball was coming well. But after that, it became difficult to hit boundaries,” said Arshdeep. “We knew that if we took few wickets, it would be difficult for the new batsmen to hit boundaries at will. That was the plan. A few good overs from the spinners in the middle overs helped us.”

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button