Cricket News

T20 World Cup 2024: BCCI rewards winning Indian team with huge cash

Amid the joyous celebration of Indian team were crowned the champions of the ICC T20I World Cup, the winners began to be praised around the world. The men in blue who battled the Proteas in the final stage turned the game upside down with their death bowling and grit to lift the trophy.

UPDATE: Will Hardik Pandya replace Rohit Sharma as India’s full-time T20I captain? BCCI secretary Jay Shah reacts

The winners receive an ICC award

The winners of the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 cricket team, according to the latest reports, will be awarded a whopping amount close to Rs. 20 million at the very least, to provide large ICC awards that are proportionate $11.25 million, or about R94 crore. The increase in prize money was announced by ICC chief executive Geoff Allardice who said, “This event is historic in many ways, so it is appropriate that the prize money for the players reflects that. “Hundreds of millions of fans around the world will be entertained by the players in an event that we hope will be out of this world.”.

The Proteas and others received awards

The distribution of the prize money was an oddity to watch, with the South African team that came in second place again being honored and celebrated for putting on the show, as the prize money approached. Rs. 10 million. Although, on the other hand, the semi-finalists, Afghanistan and England, benefited from Rs. 6 thousand.

Jay Shah’s announcement of Team India

The game that has caught everyone’s attention has also attracted huge sums of money. On the micro-blogging site X (known as Twitter), Jay Shah announced that a ridiculous amount Rs. 125 million will be awarded to Indian team and BCCI management.

In a recent tweet by BCCI Secretaryhe said, “I am happy to announce the prize money of INR 125 crore for Team India for winning the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024. The team has shown incredible talent, determination, and sportsmanship throughout the tournament. We congratulate all the players, coaches and support staff for this remarkable achievement.”

BCCI is impressed with the good work of the captain Rohit Sharmaas highlighted by Shah in a statement where he said, “Under the exceptional leadership of Rohit Sharma, this team showed incredible determination and resilience, becoming the first team in the history of the ICC T20 World Cup to win the tournament undefeated.”

ALSO READ: 3 possible replacements for Rohit Sharma in T20Is for Team India

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button